This is my little girl’s favourite film… alongside Frozen. And, having watched it frequently this holiday already – often with her in my arms at 5 am
1) The best parents are silent, even in the face of disease, pain, joy and the loss of their child;
2) Goatees work. Ladies love them!
3) In the event of being evil enough to steal a child, lie about her birthday;
4) Never trust a chameleon;
5) Hair with magical growth and glowing and healing properties is restricted to the head;
6) Magical hair changes length according to the needs of the plot;
7) Using the nickname ‘flower’ for someone named after lettuce leaves is both creepy and makes perfect sense;
8) Floating lanterns solve everything;
9) It is perfectly reasonable that a hook can play the piano;
10) ‘Unarrested’ is a word. Really.
11) Anthropomorphic horse can fight with swords;
12) Changing your name from Flynn to Eugene completely absolves you of a lifetime of thievery;
13) Having suffered one hair-based magical adventure, it is perfectly reasonable to hide and refuse to help when you stumble into a second one. Not selfish at all. It’s fine to let you friend Elsa be driven from her home because of magic.
14) Mirrors are extraordinarily good at cutting hair;
15) Having a male narrator is all you need to mark a film as ‘boy friendly’ and most definitely not a Disney Princess film. Even if Rapunzel was deliberately made a Princess for the film. Which was made by Disney.